News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • RemotePC: An excellent tool for accessing and controlling PCs

Posted on Tracey Capen Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody blog RemotePC: An excellent tool for accessing and controlling PCs

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Tracey Capen
        AskWoody MVP

REMOTE ACCESS By Lance Whitney I’ve used a variety of remote-access applications over the years, but one remains my favorite. iDrive’s RemotePC is rea
        [See the full post at: RemotePC: An excellent tool for accessing and controlling PCs]

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2310435 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

“Reasonably priced requires a subscription” ?

There are free tools out there. I use free portable TeamViewer.
        There is also the free AnyDesk that supports : Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, FreeBSD, Raspberry Pie, ChromeOS.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Alex5723.
      • #2310444 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

And the free Chrome Remote Desktop.

FREE EDITION: How to use Chrome Remote Desktop

cheers, Paul

• #2310824 Reply
        leland
        AskWoody Plus

Anydesk is great because of the number of platforms supported and you can use the free versions forever for personal use or a reasonably priced business version.  If you install a plugin you can even control your Android devices and give each device a unique alias for easy access.  You do have to pay to get the address book but it remembers all the devices you access so that is not an issue.

• #2310878 Reply
        glnz
        AskWoody Plus

I left TeamViewer Free when it clamped down on free use.

I then started AnyDesk Free and it has worked very nicely on all my PCs and also its iPhone app.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: RemotePC: An excellent tool for accessing and controlling PCs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.