News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Removing a password Excel 2007

Posted on WSsimoniscool Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  WSsimoniscool 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

WSsimoniscool
      AskWoody Lounger

I created a spreadsheet and decided to password protect it. Later, I decided to just protect certain cells in certain worksheets and thought I would remove the workbook password. This has turned out to be harder than I thought.

I looked into Help and performed the following steps:

1.Use the password to open the spreadsheet.
      2.Click the Microsoft Office Button , point to Prepare, and then click Encrypt Document.
      3.In the Encrypt Document dialog box, in the Password box, delete the encrypted password, and then click OK.
      4.Save the spreadsheet.

I still get this dialog when I open the spreadsheet:

Please help.

Thanks,
      Steve

• #1259977 Reply

WSsimoniscool
      AskWoody Lounger

Well, apparently either no one here had any interest in this post or just didn’t have a solution to the post. My impatience caused me to continue messing with the file and I finally found the solution.
      It seems that I had the “file protected”. In order to remove this protection, I performed the following steps:

1. “Save As” > “Excel Workbook
      2. Click on “Tools” and select “General Options
      3. Clear all passwords as shown below
      4. Click on OK.

• #1598267 Reply

WSzeesh
        AskWoody Lounger

Well, apparently either no one here had any interest in this post or just didn’t have a solution to the post. My impatience caused me to continue messing with the file and I finally found the solution.
        It seems that I had the “file protected”. In order to remove this protection, I performed the following steps:

1. “Save As” > “Excel Workbook
        2. Click on “Tools” and select “General Options
        3. Clear all passwords as shown below
        4. Click on OK.

thanks alot

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Removing a password Excel 2007

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.