News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Removing Duplicate Contacts folder in Office 365

Posted on CWBillow Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run Removing Duplicate Contacts folder in Office 365

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

CWBillow 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

I just finished cleaning out my contacts.  This is good.

Now though, when I go to Contacts, I have two folders, “Contacts” and “Contacts – This computer only”.

The latter is empty, but I cannot seem to remove it.  How can I remove this extraneous folder?

Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow

• #863554 Reply

Elly
      AskWoody MVP

Can you give some idea of the operating system, and the program?

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

• #868322 Reply

anonymous
    • #923722 Reply

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

I think, from reading, that “Contacts” are stored in the IMAP folder, or so it appears, while “Contacts – This computer only” is then a separate file.

I have my own separate file for Contacts that is the designated , and therefore don’t need either.  While I get that “Contacts”, being part of Office, stays, do I need the other around?

Chuck Billow

• #928829 Reply

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

I found the answer in a post by Diane Poremsky:
      Here’s the answer / way / why to get rid of the extra folder:

https://forums.slipstick.com/threads/90549-contacts-this-computer-only-folder/

Did the trick.

Chuck Billow

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Removing Duplicate Contacts folder in Office 365

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.