News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Reoffer of 4560960? Win10 v1909

Posted on jaman57 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1909 – November 2019 Update Reoffer of 4560960? Win10 v1909

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        jaman57
        AskWoody Plus

I have a Dell Latitude 5500 laptop running W10 1909 64-bit. I was offered 4560960 and installed it July 3 – it said successful, and showed up in history as installed. I didn’t turn the laptop on again until two days ago (7/8) – and it reoffered 4560960! Well, I installed it and seemingly with no issues. Now I will say that the second time took longer than the first, so even though the first time said successful, it really wasn’t, or was partway? Has anyone else had this happen with 4560960?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by jaman57.
        • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by jaman57.
        • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by PKCano.
        • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by PKCano.
      • #2279126 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

If you look in installed updates (Control Panel\Programs & Features), I think you will find the CU KB4560960 and the SSU KB4560959 each installed once.
        I think the SSU (which is bundled with the CU and installs first) represents itself as the CU – your first installation. Then the CU installs as itself. It’s a little confusing b/c you never see the SSU in the Windows Update queue. But I have seen this before (many times).

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2279326 Reply
        jaman57
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks – yes, they both show once. What is interesting is that before I did the second install the update history said it had been installed July 3 (which is when I first did it) – now they both show as installed July 1! Odd.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Reoffer of 4560960? Win10 v1909

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.