News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Replacement monitor

Posted on Rick Corbett Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Replacement monitor

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        Rick Corbett
        AskWoody_MVP

So, my trusty old 19″ HP L1950 monitor (which I use (mostly) to monitor my Windows ‘pseudo-server’) is now acting up.

Its screen sometimes randomly flips from analogue (video input from my trusty old ‘pseudo server’ to digital (video input from a second-hand HP Elite desktop running Win 10 that will eventually replace my last remaining Windows 7 Pro desktop… no doubt another epic journey).

Apparently, I’ve now lost all control over my monitor’s random flipping… and the dreaded hardware warning about ‘Power Button Lockout’… which just means that the ghosts in the machine now takes precedence over what I want the monitor to do. SMH.

So, I’ve ordered a replacement… and even at the cheapest end of the market it’s much bigger and a third of the price I paid for my soon-to-be-retired now-flakey HP L1950.

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Replacement monitor

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.