News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Reply All Storm Protection rolling out in Office 365 worldwide

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 365 and Click-to-Run Reply All Storm Protection rolling out in Office 365 worldwide

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        b
        AskWoody Plus

Initially the Reply All Storm Protection feature will use the following conditions to detect a reply all storm:

10 reply all-s to over 5000 recipients within 60 minutes

It will then block subsequent replies to the thread for 4 hours.

Reply All Storm Protection in Exchange Online

It’s a mystery to me why Microsoft didn’t do something like this twenty years ago: Me Too!

Better late than never?

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2261293 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

It took us half a day to quell a reply all storm and 2 extra days to clean up the mess. And that wasn’t anywhere near 5000 recipients. I want that time back please!

cheers, Paul

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Paul T.
      • #2261486 Reply
        mindwarp
        AskWoody Lounger

Reply-all issues are probably worse than normal now, with people teleworking. That’s my guess on why MS finally did this. I’m just glad the amount of recipients to trigger this is so high – right now with my library system we do have reply-alls going to about 280 people at a time, as three subgroups are collaborating on virtual services we’re offering, and valid reply-alls have come in fast at times. I’m sure IT departments wish that MS would give them control over the settings, though (besides wishing that end users would learn to check who they are replying to – making reply-all a default implies the user knows what that means).

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Reply All Storm Protection rolling out in Office 365 worldwide

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.