News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Report bit field format

Posted on Murgatroyd Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by

Murgatroyd 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Murgatroyd
      AskWoody Lounger

I have a report with a bit field, and the only format options available in the field properties are “True/False”, “Yes/No”, and “On/Off”. Is there a way to make the field display as “Active/Inactive”?

• #1590828 Reply

WBell
      AskWoody_MVP

Not at the table level directly, but you can in a form, or in a query using an IIF statement to convert the value to text.

• #1590852 Reply

access-mdb
      AskWoody MVP

I was thinking much the same, but wondered that if the user needed to change from one state to the other there would have to be code to reflect that change in the bit field as well.

But, Murgatroyd, you haven’t mentioned the context you’re doing this in which might mean we could help you further.

• #1590875 Reply

Murgatroyd
      AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for your replies.

I found that putting this

;”Active”;”Inactive”

in the Format property of the field on the report does what I want.
      https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Format-Property-Yes-No-Data-Type-a6d416df-de31-4bed-a280-1c0e9841b39b

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Report bit field format

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.