News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Report that Win10 1903 cumulative update KB 4512508 clobbers Outlook 365 startup

Home Forums AskWoody blog Report that Win10 1903 cumulative update KB 4512508 clobbers Outlook 365 startup

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  carpintero 3 days, 11 hours ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

A new report from the patchmanagement.org group: KB 4512508 causes Outlook 365 (Version 1902 Build 11328.20368 Click-to-Run) to get stuck on loading p
      [See the full post at: Report that Win10 1903 cumulative update KB 4512508 clobbers Outlook 365 startup]

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1907942 Reply

John
      AskWoody Lounger

Well Woody, you warned us that a bunch of rookies would be running the show this month. Glad I paused those updates!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1907960 Reply

Mr. Natural
      AskWoody Plus

Hmmmm…that’s interesting. I’m tempted to install that patch to confirm…..  I’ll be back…..

Red Ruffnsore reporting from the front lines.

• #1907967 Reply

Mr. Natural
        AskWoody Plus

Cannot confirm. I had no problems opening Outlook after installing. Verified same version of Outlook 365.

outlook

Attachments:
        3 users thanked author for this post.
        • #1907988 Reply

Mr. Natural
          AskWoody Plus

FYI – My Outlook program also runs the Cherwell and M-Files add on’s and no issues.

• #1908835 Reply

carpintero
          AskWoody Lounger

Thank you for doing that.

• #1907973 Reply

Barry
      AskWoody Plus

I also have no problem opening outlook. I installed the Cumulative update this morning.

Barry (Seeker)
      Windows 10 Home V 1903

• #1907975 Reply

anonymous

it appeared to clobber my Vipre antivirus plugin for outlook.  i had to reinstall Vipre and then outlook would load correctly.

jwhiz56

• #1907982 Reply

Susan Bradley
      AskWoody MVP

Jim B on the pm.org list indicated that the August click to run was okay, so because click to run dribbles, he has to push out the August C2R to get whatever is in it that doesn’t get clobbered fixed before getting the August 10 updates.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #1907992 Reply

Mr. Natural
        AskWoody Plus

Perhaps they have better control over O365 updates because they use SCCM. We use WSUS so we have no control over O365 updates other than making use of the semi annual channel. Whenever I see the monthly O365 updates show up in WSUS they are “not approved” but all users already have it installed. I’ve complained about that before.

• #1908015 Reply

Susan Bradley
          AskWoody MVP

Yeah WSUS can’t deploy 365 updates, they are only there to facilitate SCCM.  They just taunt us folks.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Report that Win10 1903 cumulative update KB 4512508 clobbers Outlook 365 startup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.