News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Reset password for MS 365 account

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Questions: Microsoft Office Reset password for MS 365 account

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        BertB
        AskWoody Plus

I can not get Microsoft to unblock my account I created under the company I purchased my Office 365 Family.

MS has automated all these types of functions.  You must be able to provide email ID’s and exact SUBJECT lines so MS can believe it is really you trying to fix you own account.  But if you just created a MS account and it is linked to managing your Office 365 Family product, used it once, never sent emails etc.  how do you provide such information?  How do you get your account back?

Can I create a new account and have it linked to my “Office 365 Family” software licensing to gain access to  my additional licenses?

Help please.

BertB

Susan Bradley
        Manager

So you have an Office/home use option yes?  And it’s tied to a Company office 365 account?

Microsoft Home Use Program – Microsoft Store You bought it from here?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

BertB
          AskWoody Plus

I bought it from MyChoiceSoftware.com  This is where I was directed when searching.

I am a HOME user only.  I bought the “MS Office 365 Family” package, or I should I rented it for a year.  While still under MyChoiceSoftware, I created an MS Office account.  Logged in, selected my first license, and got a download setup file on my PC.  Clicked on the download and Office 365 was installed.  At first use, I had to enter my 25 character license key.  When I went to do the same on my wife’s PC, I really screwed up my password and haven’t been able to get in to get another copy since.  I followed all the ways to reset, unblock, etc. that were sent to me.  I filed the short form to no avail several times.  I filed the long form with the same results.  Each form as for stuff I had done under the email-ID which is nothing but login to Office to download my software, no emails, no subject lines, nothing.  And this is where I have been for a week.  Can’t get a human on the phone, just the automation.

BertB
          AskWoody Plus

No, it is a Home use only.  “Office 365 Family” account with 6 licenses.

Jpmac
        AskWoody Lounger

Today an older version of Office for Mac starting demanding I update the OSX on my Macbook Pro to 10.14 which is not possible as the laptop is too old to be updated from OSX 10.13

Office says “Subscription required to edit and save Start your free one month trial of Microsoft 365 or sign in to activate an existing subscription”.

I have the permanent licence for the older version of office for Mac. Today, Office will no longer allow me to save my worksheet unless I update the OSX. It worked yesterday so Microsoft may have made a change during the night.

I have office auto update turned off and I manually updated Office at least once a month until Microsoft moved on to the new version. Now I can’t save the worksheet and the product is making it difficult to enter changes to the worksheet.

How do I stop Office from demanding I update my operating system. What do I delete on my Mac which is causing this problem.

jpmac

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Reset password for MS 365 account

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.