News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Restricting search to a particular forum?

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge Restricting search to a particular forum?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        opti1
        AskWoody Plus

Sorry, but I don’t know where else to post this.

I have searched and browsed this site for way too long so as not to make myself look and feel like a dummy for missing the obvious . . . :-\

Is there a way to restrict a search to within a particular forum?

For example, if I have a question specifically about Windows 7 and I want to restrict the search to the Windows 7 forum so I don’t get back a ton of replies that do not apply to Windows 7, can I do that?

If yes, how do I do that?

Thanks!

• #2138962 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

Sorry, no – that is not a functionality our setup currently supports.

You could try using a search engine, such as
        this search for +Equifax +"code red" site:askwoody.com

I get reasonable results that way, but it’s not 100%. Hope that helps.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2139125 Reply
        opti1
        AskWoody Plus

OK, thanks Kirsty, and thanks for the suggestion to use third party search. At least I know now that I wasn’t missing something obvious when I was looking for a way to do this.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Restricting search to a particular forum?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.