News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Revert back from win 11 to 10 problem

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 11 » Questions about Windows 11 » Revert back from win 11 to 10 problem

Author
    Topic

I installed Win 11 and did not like the Start and Task bar changes. I have done a successful return to Win 10, Belarc now shows current my OS as Win 10

My problem is that pending updates are for Win 11. How do I stop that unwanted (Win 11) update from ever running, it is now set to run after my next system restart

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Author
    Replies

Is it pending offering it to you?  If so you can use the targetedreleaseversion setting to block it.

Got something between you and…? @ AskWoody

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

If it is already downloaded to be installed after the next restart:
      FIRST: Make the changes to TRV as suggested by Susan above, either in Group Policy using the Windows 10 in the the Product Verson blank, or using the script file Susan links.

THEN: try renaming the Software Distribution folder to SoftwareDistribution.old :

In an elevated Command Prompt (run cmd.exe as Administrator) enter these commands:
      net stop wuauserv
      net stop cryptSvc
      net stop bits
      net stop msiserver
      Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      net start wuauserv
      net start cryptSvc
      net start bits
      net start msiserver

Restart the computer. Hopefully you will only be offered the updates for Win10.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Reply To: Revert back from win 11 to 10 problem

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.