News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Review effectiveness of Microsoft Support & Recovery Assistant

Posted on moss rawn Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Questions: Microsoft Office Review effectiveness of Microsoft Support & Recovery Assistant

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        moss rawn
        AskWoody Plus

How effective is Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant?

Does it really help in solving Outlook (and other apps) problems? Example: Timeline suddenly fails to list prior internet searches.

I can’t find an INDEPENDENT review – all I find is Microsoft hype.

• #2286894 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

In my experience with it, the assistant can help with several different types of Office 365 problems. It is NOT a general purpose trouble shooter.

--Joe

• #2286891 Reply
        anonymous

It can help with a lot of Outlook issues, but I doubt if it would help with Timeline (as Timeline is not a part of Outlook or Microsoft/Office 365).

Timeline requires the Windows Search service (SearchIndexer.exe) to be enabled, running, and set to Automatic (Delayed Start).
        How to Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Review effectiveness of Microsoft Support & Recovery Assistant

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.