News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Roboform extension shows as installed by 3rd party instead of chrome web store

Posted on Moonbear Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Roboform extension shows as installed by 3rd party instead of chrome web store

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    • Author
        AskWoody Lounger

I’ve had the Chrome extension for the Roboform password manager installed since early January, when I first installed it it showed as being from the web store as it should and I didn’t notice for a few days that it now was listed as installed by a third party.

Since then I’ve tried to reinstall it numerous times from the chrome web store, but every time it always goes back to showing as being installed by a third party after a couple minutes.

The extension works as it should, but I can’t figure out how or why this keeps happening.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• #2297319 Reply
        RCL4144
        AskWoody Lounger

Hi,

I have been using RoboForm for better part of 12 years and the owner is Siber Systems Inc. and I purchased it directly from them and that’s where all my updates come from directly.  I would assume since you purchased it from the Web Store it is actually coming from Siber Systems Inc. which is probably the third party.  My opinion is if it’s not broke don’t try and fix it and as long as it is working properly I wouldn’t worry about it.  If you want to find out for sure contact the originator ” http://www.roboform.com ” and I’m sure they would be glad to give you the answer your are looking for.

Best,

Roger C Love

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2297325 Reply
          Moonbear
          AskWoody Lounger

Your probably right, I think for now I’ll just leave it be.

I do have another question though. Is there an option in Roboform (version 8-9-3-3) to stop the toolbar icon running at startup?

• #2297355 Reply
            RetiredGeek
            AskWoody MVP

Use Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Esc).

Click the Startup tab.

Right-Click RoboForm TaskBar Icon under Name column.

Click Disable.

BTW: The current version is 9.0.8.0

HTH

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!
            Computer Specs

• #2297365 Reply
              Moonbear
              AskWoody Lounger

I’m on Windows 7 so I can’t disable startups from the task manager. I did look in the msconfig window under the startup tab though, nothing for Roboform is listed there.

The application (Roboform free) version is 8-9-3-3

The extension version is 9-0-8-0

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Moonbear.
      • #2297357 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

On my system, the latest RoboForm Everywhere is 8.9.3.3 in the notification area. The browser extension is version 9.0.7.0 for Chromium Edge from the Microsoft Store. Uninstalled then installed from the Chrome store. Verison is 9.0.8.0

--Joe

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by joep517.
        1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Roboform extension shows as installed by 3rd party instead of chrome web store

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.