News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Running down bugs in our renewal notice system

Home Forums AskWoody blog Running down bugs in our renewal notice system

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        woody
        Da Boss

We just hit one year of AskWoody Plus memberships, and newsletters. And the bugs are crawling out of the woodwork. For some reason I have yet to disce
        [See the full post at: Running down bugs in our renewal notice system]

4 users thanked author for this post.
      • #2040595 Reply
        warrenrumak
        AskWoody Plus

I hadn’t received an email yet, so thanks for mentioning it.  Just put my renewal in now.  Thanks, Woody.

• #2040708 Reply
        Seff
        AskWoody Plus

I received an appropriate reminder yesterday, my subscription being due on 11th January. It all read ok and I’ve acted on it and completed the membership extension without difficulty.

I wonder, however, if the title might be better expressed as “Please renew…” or “Time to renew…” rather than the more blunt “Renew…” ?

In any event, thanks Woody and the team, along with fellow commenters, for another year’s excellent service!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2040922 Reply
          OscarCP
          AskWoody Plus

I renewed a short while ago, having received no email and no reminders before or after (so far). This “bug” thread was enough reminder… Now I’ll just wait and see what happens. Promise to keep you posted if the ‘something’ turns out to be interesting.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

• #2040924 Reply
            Kirsty
            Da Boss

I renewed a short while ago, having received no email and no reminders before or after (so far).

As your renewal would not have been due for another 2-3 weeks, you would not have expected to have received your reminder for another 10 days yet. That is why you had not received a reminder prior to renewing recently.

It will be interesting to see if you do, in fact, receive a reminder in 10 days’ time – you’ll have to keep us posted 😉

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Running down bugs in our renewal notice system

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.