• Safely starting and moving to my own Microsoft 365 family subscription.

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Microsoft Office by version » Questions: Microsoft Office » Safely starting and moving to my own Microsoft 365 family subscription.

Author
    Topic

Greetings.

I am currently part of an existing Microsoft 365 family subscription.

I want to start my own personal Microsoft 365 family subscription.

I have my own personal Microsoft account.

My local computer is an up-to-date Windows 10 system.

I have all the 365 Office programs on my local computer, and normally work using my local computer.

I use Outlook as my email client on my local computer and use a Microsoft email address (xxx.live.com)

I have One Drive enabled, and have some select files located on One Drive, some are synchronized and some not.

I have an iPhone and have Microsoft 365 apps on the iPhone, using data located on One Drive.

Is it possible to move to my own Microsoft 365 subscription and keep my existing data, settings, and everything else intact (and not risk losing anything or falling into unforeseen pitfalls)?

How do I do this?

Are there any pitfalls?

Are there specific instructions somewhere for this specific scenario?

I’ve tried to find a way connect to Microsoft support and have someone walk me through this but have been unsuccessful.

Thank you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Author
    Replies

One drive may be the issue, is it considered a “business” onedrive?

Switch from OneDrive Personal to OneDrive for Business (datarecovery.institute)

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Good afternoon, Susan.
      I hope all is well with you.
      No, the original Microsoft 365 subscription is a private family subscription; there is no business associated with it.
      The Microsoft 365 subscription I am hoping to create would also be a private subscription (I might even be able to get away with a Personal Microsoft subscription).  However, if necessary, I could copy what is currently on the OneDrive to a flash drive, I think, and manually move that to the new 365 subscription’s OneDrive.
      I have the suite of Office programs, including Outlook, all on my local computer (and iPhone) and use the Office programs almost exclusively from my local computer.
      For background: I’ve been around Microsoft products long enough to become wary, (the most innocent and simple move can become a trap and a disaster) and when trying to figure out what to do in this matter, I’ve seen hints that suggest that there might be problems, and the process convoluted, so I’m trying to understand just what I need to do, and just what will happen, and what to expect.  Then script out the process before I begin.  My original hope was that Microsoft would have a clear procedure available for customers to follow.  Perhaps they do, I just haven’t found it.
      Thank you very much for your interest and response.
      Richard

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Reply To: Safely starting and moving to my own Microsoft 365 family subscription.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: