News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Sandboxie is now a free tool

Home Forums Tools Sandboxie is now a free tool

Topic Resolution: Not a Question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SteveTree 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

wavy
      AskWoody Plus

Major Sandboxie News: Sandboxie is now a free tool with plans to transition it to an open source tool
      https://community.sophos.com/products/sandboxie/f/forum/115109/major-sandboxie-news-sandboxie-is-now-a-free-tool-with-plans-to-transition-it-to-an-open-source-tool

https://www.sandboxie.com/

🤗

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
    • #1953058 Reply

SteveTree
      AskWoody Lounger

Testing it now (when I remember).

When first tried after installation it kept throwing up an error. The error number was not listed in the error number list, nor was it located on the Sandboxie forum. Restart fixed that. Now it give me the error below when the browser starts. However, the browser works and the Sandbox has content to empty when the browser session ends. Presumably that indicates it is working (I still need to research that one).

Capture-1

Group A (but Telemetry disabled Tasks and Registry)
      Win 7 64 Pro desktop
      Win 10 32 Home portable

Attachments:
    • #1964482 Reply

lylejk
      AskWoody Lounger

Yes; just saw this now at SBIE’s site (don’t frequent it much anymore since I use SBIE in WinXP).   This is fantastic news.    I know there’s similar tools for Linux, but they are clunky when compared to SBIE.   Might even install it on my Win10 host OS soon (say might; still prefer to do all my online stuff in a sandbox and keep browsing using my host OS to a minimum and only sites that I’ve beyond thoroughly vetted).   Anyway, kudos to Sophos for not letting SBIE die; it’s been, pretty much, my main defense (Sanboxed OS second) for over a decade now.    🙂

• #1965103 Reply

SteveTree
      AskWoody Lounger

it give me the error below when the browser starts.

UPDATE:

It is running without error message since Chrome was updated about one week ago. Try updating your browser if you see SBIE2101.

Group A (but Telemetry disabled Tasks and Registry)
      Win 7 64 Pro desktop
      Win 10 32 Home portable

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Sandboxie is now a free tool

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.