News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • SanDisk Dashboard Update v2.5.1 (MITM potential on prev. versions)

Posted on Bertram Pincus Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function Other MS apps SanDisk Dashboard Update v2.5.1 (MITM potential on prev. versions)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bertram Pincus 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Anyone using SanDisk SSD Dashboard probably already heard about these CVE MiTM vulnerabilities…

https://www.westerndigital.com/support/productsecurity/wdc-19009-sandisk-and-western-digital-ssd-dashboard-vulnerabilities

Id like to keep using the SanDisk Dashboard, but I’ve completely removed it as any outdated version is laughably vulnerable (really SanDisk?).  THe Uninstall wasn’t easy either (had to use Revo -no uninstall.exe w/in Folder nor could I use ProgramsFeatures>Uninstall)… then I cleaned up some registry entries.

Previously I had v2.3.3.0.  Anyone else having problems installing the latest v2.5.1?

The very limited data points posted on various forums seem to affect users on win 7,8, and 10.  On my problem machine win7Pro sp1, .netframework 4.7.2, win 7 installed AHCI mode, hmmm, no RST, Haswell 4700MQ CPU.   When I try to Install via downloading SSDSetup.exe from Sandisk website I get an error code 800c0005.  And afterwards I find the setup.exe within my program files x86 sandisk folder (about 550+/-KB) despite the fact it won’t load (error message).  I unpacked the setup.exe w/ 7zip and its contents look weird.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the Sandisk forums and tech support are half-a55ly awful.  Thanks so much!

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15108

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: SanDisk Dashboard Update v2.5.1 (MITM potential on prev. versions)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.