News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Saving a new desktop in taskview

Posted on WSlesterb Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Saving a new desktop in taskview

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WSlesterb
        AskWoody Plus

I would like to set up several desktops on my Windows 10 machine and populate them for different projects I work with. I’d like to be able to boot into the desktop I have now, with my links and shortcuts, then load another desktop with no onscreen links and maybe even different wallpaper. I’d also want two or three pieces of software running. Ditto for desktop 3 and 4.

You can do some of this now, but when I shut down my computer everything vanishes. There used to be windows utilities for having multiple desktops but none seem to be supported anymore.

Maybe something similar to Qubes Linux but without the focus on security. I’d make out with the Win 10 Task View if I could save desktops. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

LB

• #2266141 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

You might try the free portable DesktopOK

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Saving a new desktop in taskview

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.