News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Saving the newsletter as PDFs without the right frame?

Posted on WSbabaganoosh Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody Central Getting started Saving the newsletter as PDFs without the right frame?

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        WSbabaganoosh
        AskWoody Lounger

I’ve been collecting the newsletters in a folder in my inbox.

Is there a way to save the newsletters at http://askwood.com/newsletter to PDF without the right column?  I tried figuring the HTML code / load just the frame of the newsletter, but haven’t been able to figure that out (I am a NOOB!).

Any advice for the best way to print the newsletters to PDF to build a library of these?

Printing the emails are a little better, but they have the header to / from / etc.  and the links are longer than need be (they go through the mail sending service then resolve to where they should go. Over the long term, I think it’d be better to link to the actual target in case the mailing service changes / stops linking older articles.

THANKS!

• #2288858 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss
      • #2288934 Reply
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

For what it’s worth”: I receive the Newsletter by email and, at least with my Mac, all I need to do is open the email with the Mac-native mail client “Mail”, that then shows its full contents on the screen, chose “Print” in  the”File” menu, in “Print” choose “PDF/Save as PDF”, click on that and it is done. Maybe one can do the same in Windows with one of the email clients that work with it.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS + Linux (Mint)

• #2288962 Reply
          Alex5723
          AskWoody Plus

One can print from Gmail to PDF on any platform.

Attachments:
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Saving the newsletter as PDFs without the right frame?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.