News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Scam VPN Apps on IOS

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS Scam VPN Apps on IOS

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Source: https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/06/03/security-researchers-warn-of-scam-vpn-apps-on-ios

Security researches warn of a handful of scam VPN apps on the iOS App Store. The three main apps are Buckler VPN, Hat VPN and Beetle VPN. Hopefully Apple will pull these from the App Store coming up.

When choosing a VPN service, stick with one with favorable reviews from tech sites, and most legitimate VPN services either bill through the month, year, or multiple years. Occasionally some offer day or week passes, but most legitimate services utilize at least monthly billing.

The VPN service I have had the best experience with on iOS is WiTopia since it supports Cisco IPSec VPN. When I briefly used Android, I also used Private Internet Access which worked OK, although it doesn’t offer Cisco IPSec support.

Nathan Parker

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Scam VPN Apps on IOS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.