• Scanning Issues

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by Nancy Schwartz.
    Author
    Topic

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8630 All-in-one printer. I am running a Windows 10 Pro PC. I forgot to delay the install of the August Windows 10 updates. Tonight, I tried to scan some files but it said the Scanner was unreachable and that the scanner communication cannot be established. It is printing just fine. I can scan to a memory device, but not my PC. The printer is connected with a USB cable to the PC. Has anyone had any problems with the August Windows updates?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Open up the properties of the printer and see what USB it’s connected to.  You may need to move it back to where it should be connected.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Just helped my Aunt with this exact problem with her HP Envy 7640 e-All-in-One Printer on Wednesday (i.e. it printed just fine but the scanner didn’t work.)

I tried the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” (it’s part of the S/W installed when you first connect it) but it hung while trying to diagnose the problem.

i.e. the “progress bar” slowly turned blue right up to the last few pixels and then stopped with no further response even though I waited a good 5 minutes.

I finally opened task manager and it showed the program wasn’t actually using any CPU or memory resources so I canceled it.

I then downloaded the HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer series Basic Driver S/W from the HP support site and that fixed it!

You’ll need the HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer series Basic Driver for yours.

Quote from HP concerning their basic driver vs their full feature S/W.

This basic feature software solution is a driver-only software solution intended for customers who only want a basic driver to use with their HP printer.

1 user thanked author for this post.

How frustrating!

Try :-

Fax and Scan (WFS.exe).

HP Scan and Capture.

NAPS2.exe – Not Another PDF Scanner 2

The problem isn’t that it can’t print, she indicated it prints just fine, the problem is the scan function isn’t working.

Thank you for all the replies and help. I downloaded and installed the Full Webpack from HP and it now works.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Reply To: Scanning Issues

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: