News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Schannel errors began appearing last October

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Schannel errors began appearing last October

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by

DougJ 4 days, 10 hours ago.

• Author

DougJ
      AskWoody Plus

Back after last October’s updates, IIRC–acting like a Group A updater but unaware of the detailed advice–I started seeing a number of Schannel errors in my System Log, as well as some other errors, such as Windows could not connect to System Event Notification Service, audio hanging on start up as two examples.  Yet, everything seemed to work as it did before.

In chasing this down I think I have failed to install the security updates, which I understand should be installed sequentially.  That being the case, I assume this means I should uninstall all of the installed security updates going back as far as October 2016 and then install coming forward as per AKB2000003.  Is this the correct approach?  If not please point me the correct approach.

TIA, Doug

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Schannel errors began appearing last October

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.