• Search broke after installing KB5017380

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Windows 10 version 21H2 – November 2021 Update » Search broke after installing KB5017380

Author
    Topic

After installing the optional KB5017380 the search box on the Start menu no longer finds documents. I reindexed, ran sfc /scannow & DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but they didn’t help.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Author
    Replies

KB5017380 is a Preview update, meaning it’s not the final version of the patch and so by installing it you’re essentially doing free beta testing. I never install them, but anyway you should be able to uninstall it.

Control Panel then under Programs and Features select View installed updates. If you sort by Installed On you should see it at or near the top. Uninstall from here. Hope this resolves your issue.

First rule of breakage, uninstall it and see if the issue goes away.  As ColdHeart points out, it’s preview and thus let telemetry tell MS they broke something.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

I had uninstalled it before I posted my problem. The issue is still there.

What do you mean by let telemetry tell MS?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Reply To: Search broke after installing KB5017380

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: