Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • “Search for Topics” Links

Home Forums AskWoody Central Tips for using the Lounge “Search for Topics” Links

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kirsty 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kirsty
      AskWoody MVP

Now that the widgets have been re-enabled on the right-hand panel, Loungers may have noticed a couple of new links that have been added. Sorry anons, these only apply to registered users.

Check out the new option to view topics to which you have replied – it’s a great link to follow up on discussions you have already participated in: Topics with my reply

Loungers can also easily see topics they have subscribed to or “favorited’, without heading to their profile page, by clicking on:
      My subscribed topics
      My favorite topics

5 users thanked author for this post.
    • #167126 Reply

Purg2
      AskWoody Lounger

Anoymous visitors have a slightly different way to accomplish this.

By visiting the recent topics on the right pane.
      https://www.askwoody.com/forums/view/topics-freshness/

Any topic from the list will have a “last posted” link underneath the voices & posts numbers.  36 minutes ago, 8 minutes ago, etc.  Clicking on this link will direct to the last (most recent) post for that topic.  From there one may have to scroll up or down in the threaded mode.  Another variation in threaded mode is to edit/find using the current date or previous date.  In non threaded mode go back a page.

Experimentation will lead to better personal results.

Win 8.1 Group B, Linux Dabbler

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #167132 Reply

Kirsty
        AskWoody MVP

Anoymous visitors have a slightly different way to accomplish this.
        By visiting the recent topics on the right pane.

That, and all the other links in that section that I didn’t mention, were all in the previous widget. I only discussed the new options:

Now that the widgets have been re-enabled on the right-hand panel, Loungers may have noticed a couple of new links that have been added

Good to point out that these are not the only options, in case anyone could have read that into the above post 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: “Search for Topics” Links

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.