News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Secondary Logon

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anonymous 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

anonymous

Recently I noticed under my Service Host Local System, one of the things it shows running is SECONDARY LOGON  This was not there in the past.

Can anyone tell me what that is & do I need to let it keep running?  I have W8.1

Thank You

EDIT Please note Lounge Rules on creating new topics

• #336825 Reply

Lugh
      AskWoody_MVP

A quick web search throws up a bunch of results, you may want to try that.

One example which says “The Secondary Logon service must be enabled for Blizzard games to install and run”, so apparently some software requires it.

Lugh.
      ~
      Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
      i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 1TB SSD, 256GB SSD, 4TB HD

• #337275 Reply

anonymous

TO: LUGH

Thank you for your reply.  Ya I always search the web first for info before I come here. Anyway I play none of those games or have W10. I stopped Secondary Logon from running yesterday & it hasn’t turned back on yet. I can see it in Task Manager as stopped. So I will keep checking it as I am doing different things on the PC to see if it turns back on & possibly catch what actually causes it to do so. Thank you again.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Secondary Logon

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.