News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Send to mail recipient – Thunderbird

Posted on pastorjoe Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 2004 – May 2020 Update Send to mail recipient – Thunderbird

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        pastorjoe
        AskWoody Plus

I haven’t seen this addressed and wonder if it is somehow isolated to my system.

Since installing 2004, when I use “Send to mail recipient” it says I must create an Outlook profile. I’ve checked and everywhere that I know of I have properly selected Thunderbird as my preferred email client. I can work around by opening a new email in Thunderbird and attaching the file, but before 2004 the system did that much for me.

• #2307118 Reply
        Kirsty
        Da Boss

Which software do you have set as your default email program? It might be worth checking the system knows you only want to use Thunderbird, not Outlook.

• #2307286 Reply
        bratkinson
        AskWoody Plus

In the Firefox options screen, the first thing shown is ‘startup’ and what your default email software is along with a box to check ‘always check if Firefox is your default processor’.  I had overlooked checking that box when I first installed Firefox and it was only it got ‘reset’ to Outlook after I reinstalled Microsoft Office, I finally figured out I needed to check that box.

And as an aside, I keep MS Edge on my computer as some sites don’t play well with Firefox.  Edge has been known to reset the default browser to itself as well on my computer.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Send to mail recipient – Thunderbird

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.