News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • SEP 15 and WIN 10 Firewall Intergration

Posted on mjohnson007 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 SEP 15 and WIN 10 Firewall Intergration

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        mjohnson007
        AskWoody Lounger

I have posted this in the SEP forum but with the Broadcom buyout hard to get answers at the moment so I thought I would post here.
        We are in a trial of the cloud based enterprise SEP 15 (SES).  I cannot get any SEP firewall rules to apply under it Firewall policy.  I have a firewall policy assigned.  I created a new rule at the top of all of its rules to block all ICMP to test if the rules apply and none do.
        SEP shows control of the 3 categories as expected under netsh advfirewall show global but no SEP firewall rules work when SEP is active nothing is blocked and no rules are enforced.
        If I disable the SEP policy then windows defender is back in control and works as expected and Windows blocks ICMP as expected.
        When I turn back on SEP firewall policy it shows it should be back in control but none of the assigned rules in the SEP policy are in effect
        We use SEP SBE in production and that firewall component works as expected.
        We are perplexed, any ideas?  BTW we had tested ESET with similar results.  Seems to be more WIN 10 1909 specific.
        Any ideas and if anyone has seen this same issue.  We have tried on 5  + units with the same result.

MarkJ

• #2153555 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

Please provide a link to the SEP Forum where you have also posted.

This will keep us from doing the same thing someone else has already done.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by PKCano.
      • #2169292 Reply
        mjohnson007
        AskWoody Lounger

Here is the link.  At moment this forum is down as Broadcom moves users to the new platform.

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/cant-get-firewall-rules-work

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: SEP 15 and WIN 10 Firewall Intergration

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.