News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Server 2016 KB4537806

Posted on EspressoWillie Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Admin IT Lounge Managing updates in organizations Server 2016 KB4537806

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        EspressoWillie
        AskWoody Plus

So a new update showed up on our virtual that runs Windows Server 2016 datacenter.  The update: February 25, 2020—KB4537806 (OS Build 14393.3542) Applies to: Windows 10, version 1607 Windows Server 2016.

How do you tell if this is an optional non-security patch?

Cheers!!
        Willie McClure
        www.datarim.com
        Talk's cheap, takes money to buy whiskey.
      • #2172333 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

See KB4537806 Support page (scroll down).

• #2172362 Reply
        EspressoWillie
        AskWoody Plus

Oops, I think I mislabeled it.  I see it’s a non-security update (went right past it the first time).  But is it a “preview” update?

I ask because I was performing updates and the first round included the SQL fix.  Unfortunately it failed but the rest of the updates went through.  Now it has the non-security update and the SQL fix that needs to be applied.  Didn’t know if I should let it apply it.  Don’t have an option to pick, just “Download” (which would do both of them).

Cheers!!
        Willie McClure
        www.datarim.com
        Talk's cheap, takes money to buy whiskey.
        • #2172437 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

If the Security CU failed and is now not available, I would probably go ahead and apply the non-security CU. It contains the Feb Security patches plus the non-security ones that will be added to Mar CU. Woody says SQL needs to be patched ASAP.

• #2172514 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

if you are having trouble installing the KB4537806 update you can manually download & install it from MS Update Catalog

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Server 2016 KB4537806

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.