News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Server 2019 StorPort Errors

Posted on grant.gardner Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Admin IT Lounge Server 2019 StorPort Errors

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        grant.gardner
        AskWoody Plus

I just installed the March patches and am now seeing this on all of my 2019 servers.  I dont see any side effects, but cant really find anything that explains what it means.  Sometimes the error references the SATA CD drive also.  There are no errors in the System or Applications log, just in this buried storport log.  Do I just ignore?

* Event Time: 28 Mar 2020 12:02:28 AM
        * Source: Microsoft-Windows-StorPort
        * Event Log: Microsoft-Windows-Storage-Storport/Operational
        * Type: Error
        * Event ID: 549
        * Event User: N/A
        * This is the first instance of the error seen during this time period
        on Storport Device (Port = 0, Path = 0, Target = 0, Lun = 0) whose Corresponding Class Disk Device Guid is {A6AFCF48-0095-43F6-6A1D-97EC77EE5BBC}:
        The request opcode was 0x1A and completed with SrbStatus 0x4 and ScsiStatus 0x2.
        The sense code was (0x5,0x24,0x0).
        The io latency was 1 ms.

{8A4B3B69-34BF-11E9-9762-806E6F6E6963}
        LSI_SAS
        VMware
        Virtual disk
        6000c298a8bc06961aa3e9e938af9d82

• #2212613 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Do you have VMware on that server / is it a guest?

What is disk 0,0,0,0?
        Win R, msinfo32
        Expand Storage, Disks.
        Post a screen shot.

cheers, Paul

• #2212619 Reply
        grant.gardner
        AskWoody Plus

All of these servers are VMware guests.  This is only happening on the 2019 servers.  Here is the screenshot info requested.

Attachments:
      • #2212622 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Might be an initialization issue in VMware. As it’s not causing obvious problems I’d just keep an eye on the logs for a while.

I assume you have a remote server monitor so I’d add some event log disk errors to the items to check, same as you would for database errors on your Exchange / SQL boxes.

Any reports on the VMware site?

cheers, Paul

• #2212624 Reply
        grant.gardner
        AskWoody Plus

I cant find anything on VMware knowledge-base.    I monitor all event logs on all servers with a tool.  Thats how I came across this, as it doesnt show in the main Application and System logs.  It seems to happen once every couple of hours.  As I’ve learned over the years, many of MS logs generate a bunch of noise.  Hopefully this is nothing to worry about.  Thanks.

• #2213932 Reply
        grant.gardner
        AskWoody Plus

Opened a ticket with VMware and they cant see any issues, said I should contact MS…  Yuck..  I still havent seen any issues with this random error.  Sometimes it goes 6 or more hours before it happens….

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Server 2019 StorPort Errors

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel