News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • service registration is missing or corrupt

Posted on kitty75 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches service registration is missing or corrupt

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kitty75 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

kitty75
      AskWoody Plus

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I hope someone can help me, as I have searched on how to fix the problem and can’t find a solution that I understand. The joys of getting old!!.

This is what I did, after seeing Def Con 4 and checking The Master Patch List:

I installed KB4525235 , then checked for updates again and KB4523206 was listed so I installed it. Out of curiosty I checked for preview of December updates and nothing was listed. I don’t do anything with MS updates until Def Con 3 or higher is shown and always check the Master Patch list before installing. After some searching, I downloaded and used Windows update troubleshooter and it gave me the following results:

Issues found.

Service Registration is missing or corrupt – Not Fixed

Reset Service Registration – Completed

Detection Details

File Name: CheckSURLog.cab,  Computer Name: Name of PC,  Windows Version 6.1, Architure: amd 64

I’m sorry it’s so long winded, but I hope someone is able to help me with a solution I will be able to understand.

• #2017317 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

In an elevated command prompt run “sfc /scannow” (without quotes).

To get the elevated command prompt:
      Start\All Programs\Accessories
      Right click on Command Prompt – choose “Run as Administrator”

• #2017918 Reply

kitty75
      AskWoody Plus

PKCano

Thank you so much for your clear instructions which I followed and details are as follows:

Verification 100% complete

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I then started windows update and now find December’s important updates listed along with an update which was listed in November updates. (kb4503548 Microsoft.NET Framework for for Windows 7 for x64) but not ticked for installation so did not install, as per advice on askwoody. I did notice that the date published was 13th Aug 2019.

I’m not sure if my problem has been solved or not, so what would your advice be.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: service registration is missing or corrupt

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.