News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • servicing stack update Install?

Posted on DriftyDonN Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 servicing stack update Install?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EP 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

DriftyDonN
      AskWoody Plus

I’m using win10 ver 1809 build17763.805. Is it time to install servicing stack update 13nov in preparation for ver 1903?

Belarc tells me its a critical need…..not that I pay too much attn to that source but I guess I might need to get 1903 before 1909 is forced on me?

Confused…

DriftyDonN

• #2013831 Reply

anonymous

DriftyDonN wrote:
      Confused…

Suggest you read woody’s recent Computerworld article on updating options:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3481617/running-win10-version-1803-or-1809-you-have-options-heres-how-to-control-your-upgrade.html

Also, realize that Win10 should install any required SSU for you when you choose to allow your system to update.

Hope this helps.

• #2013836 Reply

DriftyDonN
      AskWoody Plus

Thank you. MS site seemed to intimate thee ssu prepared your current version for the update.

Don

• #2013849 Reply

anonymous

DriftyDonN wrote:
        Thank you. MS site seemed to intimate thee ssu prepared your current version for the update.

Hello Don.

Assuming that you’re planning to update your system as described by woody in his article, either via Windows Update or via iso, then you should be ok. (Not sure exactly what you read, but other information may be provided for folks doing manual patching, using updates downloaded from the Microsoft Update Catalog.)

Hope this helps.

• #2013883 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

I’m using win10 ver 1809 build17763.805. Is it time to install servicing stack update 13nov in preparation for ver 1903?

Belarc tells me its a critical need…..not that I pay too much attn to that source but I guess I might need to get 1903 before 1909 is forced on me?

Confused…

DriftyDonN

what edition of Win10, DriftyDonN? Home or Pro
      run winver.exe to display Win10 version and edition

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  EP.
      • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  EP.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: servicing stack update Install?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel