• Settings Dialog Auto-Scrolls in Windows 10

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Windows 10-other » Settings Dialog Auto-Scrolls in Windows 10

Author
    Topic

When I open any ‘Settings’ dialog on my Dell XPS8900 with Windows 10 Home 21H2 the dialog will sometimes scroll to the bottom of the window.  I can drag the scroll bar back to the top but as soon as I release it the dialog scrolls to the bottom again, making it impossible to click on anything further up in the settings dialog.   This has been happening for some time (i.e. it’s not related to a recent update).     I have not been able to identify anything that correlates with this behavior.  I’ve updated the drivers on my video card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) to no avail.

An Internet search reveals that I can cure this problem by logging out of my Windows user account and logging back in, and that works, but the problem recurs after a seemingly random period of time, so this is an inconventient solution at best.  Does anyone know what causes this issue or, more to the point, how to prevent it from happening again?   Thanks for any suggestions.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Someone here (I think) mentioned low mouse batteries causing the problem. Is your mouse wireless?

cheers, Paul

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: Settings Dialog Auto-Scrolls in Windows 10

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: