News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• SFC errors not repairable, upgrade to 2004?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1909 – November 2019 Update SFC errors not repairable, upgrade to 2004?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        tpbrownec
        AskWoody Plus

CBSlog

I’m trying to upgrade from 1909 to 2004. It fails with:
        The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation.
        Current Windows 10 version is 18363.1256
        A google search suggested to run SFC. I rin SFC /scannow and results in
        Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
        3 files listed has having bad hashes:
        Performance Monitor.lnk
        Math Input Panel.lnk
        Wordpad.lnk
        I can’t find any of those anywhere on my machine. I am attaching the CBS.log file, if that will help

Next step was to run DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. Not surprising that I got “The source files could not be found.”.
        So I dug out my ISO, mounted it as H: and ran DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:h:sourcesinstall.wim. Same error.
        I then used DISM /get-imageinfo /imagefile:h:sourcesinstall.wim to find the index for win10 pro. It is index#6.
        Next try: DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:h:sourcesinstall.wim:6. Still “The source files could not be found.”

Just to be sure I downloaded a fresh copy of Win10 ISO using the Windows-ISO-Downloader from HeiDoc.net. Nothing different.

Any ideas? Remember, my real goal is to get upgraded to 2004!

Thanks for reading

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by tpbrownec.
        Attachments:
    Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: SFC errors not repairable, upgrade to 2004?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.