News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • SFC Reported Error Message, but can’t fix What’s next

Posted on hbwylie Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 SFC Reported Error Message, but can’t fix What’s next

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

hbwylie
      AskWoody Plus
      • I ran SFC.exe and it reported some error it could not fix.  Is there any other software package (preferably freeware) that you can recommend that would be able to fix these errors.  I do not understand the log file this program produces which is quite extensive but it appears to me that the problem might be in Windows Defender.
      • I’m running Windows 10 Home version.  2019-09 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based systems (KB4524147).  Successfully installed on 10/4/2019
      • This is the error message the system produced at the conclusion of the run.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

• #1986906 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

In an elevate command prompt run “chkdsk /f” (without quotes). Reboot when asked.

After reboot, in as elevated command prompt run:
      DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

When that is finished, rerun “sfc /scannow” (without quotes).

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: SFC Reported Error Message, but can’t fix What’s next

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.