News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • SH1/SH2

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paul T 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

ChuckR
      AskWoody Lounger

I installed KB4490628 with no problems indicated. I then Restarted Windows 7 Professional 64bit. I then ran KB4474419 which during installation said it could not install so it backed out it’s updates. I thought that was the correct sequence for the SH1/SH2 requirement. The CBS log is huge and not very informative. I ran sfc /scannow and findstr. There were no problems.

I started to look into the Register and there are quite a number of references to KB4474419 with different Package numbers. Would this indicate it is already installed?

Windows Update in the Control Panel does NOT show it is installed.

Edit to remove HTML. Please use the “Text” tab in the entry box when you copy/paste.

• #1726610 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Are you using Windows Update to do the install?
      Did you check “Installed Updates” instead if “Update History” to see if it was already installed?

If you are doing a manual install, are you sure you have the one for your version and bitedness of Windows?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1728222 Reply

ChuckR
      AskWoody Lounger

I am doing a manual install.  I am careful to select the one for Windows 7 64bit.

Should I remove all the package entries in the Register?  How can I check to see if

KB4474419 has been integrated into the system without being included in the view of installed items?

• #1728226 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

If it were installed, it would be listed in the Installed Updaates.
        If you are being offered it in Windows Update, uncheck everything else and see if it will install through WU.

• #1728400 Reply

ChuckR
      AskWoody Lounger

It has not been offered in WU as I recall.

What about the Register Packages?

• #1728579 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

I’m not familiar with the Registry packages.

• #1729044 Reply

Elly
        AskWoody MVP

@Chuck-

Don’t rely on your memory! And if by register packets, you are referring to the Registry, don’t touch the Registry.

Click on Installed Updates near the bottom of the left panel on the Window Updates page. You can copy/paste the KB number (without a space, between KB and numbers, if I remember correctly) into the search bar on the Installed Updates page. If it is already installed, it should show up.

Know for sure, before you proceed further!

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

• #1731005 Reply

PKCano
        Da Boss

KB4474419 HAS been offered through Windows Update.

• #1733691 Reply

ChuckR
      AskWoody Lounger

I  guess I will wait for the future and see if any problems arise with Sh1/Sh2 activity.

If there is it should offer a version of  KB4474419 at that time.

There is no reference in ‘View Update History’ or ‘Installed Updates’ which is why I am confused about the package files referenced in the Registry.

• #1743615 Reply

Paul T
      AskWoody MVP

Don’t view the registry to see what is installed, use Windows “Installed Updates”.
      If the update is not shown, try installing it and let us know what messages you get and any relevant errors in Event Viewer.

cheers, Paul

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: SH1/SH2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.