News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Share menu problem in Win10 when using Open with

Posted on RGSmith Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Share menu problem in Win10 when using Open with

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        RGSmith
        AskWoody Lounger

Hi Everyone, I am editing photos in Photoworks program, and recently this share menu opens when I “Right Click” on the photo and then click on “Open With”. (See photo)

I don’t know what I did to have this option added above my “Open With” menu.

This seems to be something associated with Bluetooth, which I have turned off.

Has anyone any ideas on how to get rid of the “Share” option?

Thanks for your help.

Menu-capture-3-

Attachments:
      • #2265211 Reply
        Lars220
        AskWoody Lounger

Has anyone any ideas on how to get rid of the “Share” option?

I have used the Winaero Tweaker utility / tool to remove 4 unwanted and un-needed Right Click Context Menu items that I never used, they were: Cast to device, Edit with Paint 3D, Share, and Give access to.

Recently Sergey Tkachenko has released version 0.17.1 of Winaero Tweaker:

https://winaero.com/blog/winaero-tweaker-0-17-1-is-here-with-2-fixes-and-1-new-feature/

Check out these attached pictures and maybe this will work for you:

Context-Menu-Changes
        Context-Menu-Tweaker

Attachments:
        • #2267048 Reply
          RGSmith
          AskWoody Lounger

Hi Lars220, sorry for the delay getting back I was not notified of your reply.
          Would you be so kind as to identify which “Share” you removed, I have several folders with share name? I hate to be such a bother but this has me puzzled.
          Thank you so much, RGSmith.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Share menu problem in Win10 when using Open with

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.