News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • SharePoint Online in Office 365 down. Azure SQL databases down. Microsoft Dynamics down.

Home Forums AskWoody blog SharePoint Online in Office 365 down. Azure SQL databases down. Microsoft Dynamics down.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  UncleRemus83 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

Anybody out there still getting in to OneDrive? Skype? Xbox online? Azure status page is all green.
      [See the full post at: SharePoint Online in Office 365 down. Azure SQL databases down. Microsoft Dynamics down.]

• #1215773 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

OneDrive online seems fine for me.

But other parts not so good:

(DNS errors?)

Status-live-1

365-health-1

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

Attachments:
      1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1215676 Reply

anonymous

ITs down for us…

• #1216839 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

Left hand:

https://status.office365.com/

Microsoft 365 Service health: “Everything’s broken”

Right hand:

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Microsoft 365 Service health: “Everything’s working”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1903

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1217429 Reply

Susan Bradley
      AskWoody MVP

https://twitter.com/AzureSupport and https://twitter.com/MSFT365Status give you the best up to date info on issues.  Yes I realize that it’s twitter and thus not a Microsoft cloud providing that info…

DNS issues

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

• #1218836 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Network Connectivity

Starting at 19:43 UTC on 02 May 2019, customers may experience intermittent connectivity issues with Azure and other Microsoft services (including M365, Dynamics, DevOps, etc).

Engineers have identified the underlying root cause as a name server delegation issue with DNS resolution, affecting network connectivity and downstream impact to Compute, Storage, App Service, AAD, and SQL Database services. Mitigation has been applied, and engineering teams are clearing resolver cache to fully mitigate the issue. Most services are showing recovery.

This message was last updated at 22:10 UTC on 02 May 2019

• #1219825 Reply

…and on top of it all…

spectrrum-outage

Looks like half the US, collectively.  $200+ a year for THIS?

Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit, Dell Latitude E6330, Intel CORE i5 "Ivy Bridge", Group "Wait for the all-clear", Multiple Air-Gapped backup drives in different locations, "Don't check for updates-Full Manual Mode."
      --
      "...All the people, all the time..." (Peter Ustinov ad-lib from "Logan's Run")

Attachments:
      • #1221936 Reply

cyberSAR
        AskWoody Plus

Charter looks like that almost every day. Really irritating when you’re paying almost $200 per MONTH!

• #1222884 Reply

GoneToPlaid
        AskWoody Plus

Well, that explains why I couldn’t call the office this morning. The office uses Spectrum, and I use Spectrum at home. I am thinking of getting a POTS line.

• #1223162 Reply

b
          AskWoody Plus

You can have mine. I unplugged the phone because all we ever get are robocall scams and charities at dinner time.

• #1224107 Reply

cyberSAR
          AskWoody Plus

Not sure how accurate this is but one of my clients told me last week he tried to order a standard phone line and AT&T told him they no longer offer it in his area. Uverse/VOIP only.

• #1221641 Reply

woody
      Da Boss

Looks like they fixed it, finally.

We’ve identified and corrected a DNS configuration issue that prevented users from accessing Microsoft 365 services.

Makes you feel warm and fuzzy, huh? You folks headed to Build…

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/2735981-its-always-dns?store_id=115003

4 users thanked author for this post.
    • #1232630 Reply

Charter looks like that almost every day. Really irritating when you’re paying almost $200 per MONTH!

Charter OWNS Spectrum. Read the whole big-fish-eat-littler-fish tale at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_(cable_service)

$200/month???? Gad. What have you got there, a Cray OLCF-3 and a VR lab??  🙂

Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit, Dell Latitude E6330, Intel CORE i5 "Ivy Bridge", Group "Wait for the all-clear", Multiple Air-Gapped backup drives in different locations, "Don't check for updates-Full Manual Mode."
      --
      "...All the people, all the time..." (Peter Ustinov ad-lib from "Logan's Run")

• #1242045 Reply

F A Kramer
      AskWoody Plus

One Drive working Friday morning in Kirkwood, Missouri. Can not say about the others as I do not use them.

• #1242352 Reply

anonymous

All ‘cloud’ data centers have the same points of failure and that’s DNS and routing. It’s by design and won’t go away.

• #1242832 Reply

UncleRemus83
      AskWoody Lounger

Good thing these things don’t happen in “the cloud.”  Oh, wait a minute…

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: SharePoint Online in Office 365 down. Azure SQL databases down. Microsoft Dynamics down.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.