News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Should 1809 have the Pause Update option?

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1809 – September 2018 Update Should 1809 have the Pause Update option?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        CYinVT
        AskWoody Plus

I have Windows 10 Home and just moved from 1803 to 1809, hoping for the Pause Update option (kind of like having a spare tire in the old Subaru, you know.)

But I am now at 1809 (OS build 17763.1039) without any Pause.

Am I wrong in thinking I should now be able to do the 7-day Pause dance?

Thanks,
        Cindy

• #2188793 Reply
        b
        AskWoody Plus

Yes, you’re wrong. Pause for Home arrived with 1903:

Additional improvements to put users more in control of updates that are being introduced with the May 2019 Update include:

Extended ability to pause updates for both feature and monthly updates. This extension ability is for all editions of Windows 10, including Home. Based on user feedback we know that any update can come at an inconvenient time, such as when a PC is needed for a big presentation. So, we’re making it possible for all users to pause both feature and monthly updates for up to 35 days (seven days at a time, up to five times). Once the 35-day pause period is reached, users will need to update their device before pausing again.

Improving the Windows 10 update experience with control, quality and transparency

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (Pioneer/Chump)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2189897 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

you are one feature update behind schedule, CYinVT

It’s not in 1809 home. only 1809 PRO & higher editions have Pause Update option

you need to upgrade to 1903 in order for your Win10 home edition to get the Pause Update option.
        anyways you are much better off using the 1903 home release as support for 1809 Home ends in May 2020

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by EP.
        • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by EP.
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Should 1809 have the Pause Update option?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.