News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Sign In With Apple

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems macOS Sign In With Apple

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alex5723 1 month ago.

• Author
    • #2003828 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

The article discussed many aspects of security considerations. It will be interesting to see how this evolves, and what response occurs from Apple’s competitors.

Sign in with Apple will be required in any app in the App Store that uses 
 third-party sign-in services to set up and authenticate user accounts.

Coming next…
      The bottom line is that Sign in with Apple is among a parcel of privacy enhancing tools Apple provides. While these tools aren’t foolproof – security is an ongoing battle – the fact they exist shows the company remains willing to use its power to disrupt the behaviors of existing data collectors while also pushing for more educated conversations about privacy – and the risks of losing it.

The fast, easy way to sign in to apps and websites

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2003875 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

The article discussed many aspects of security considerations

There is only one ‘small’ problem. Apart from Apple services no other online service that lets you sign with Google, Facebook, Twitter.. (will) support sign in with Apple.

• #2004265 Reply

Kirsty
        Da Boss

I don’t expect that current situation to be static… it is likely to evolve in coming months/years 🙂

• #2004549 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

I’m wondering if there’ll be a way I can migrate a current account to Sign In with Apple. It would be great if I could.

Nathan Parker

• #2004657 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

I’m wondering if there’ll be a way I can migrate a current account to Sign In with Apple. It would be great if I could.

Your current AppleID/Account will be used to sign in with Apple, anonymously.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Sign In With Apple

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.