News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Signing off from AskWoody

Home Forums AskWoody blog Signing off from AskWoody

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Author
        Tracey Capen
        AskWoody MVP

CHANGES By TB Capen The smartest call you can make in business is knowing when it’s time to leave. After some thirty years in tech journalism, it’s ti
        [See the full post at: Signing off from AskWoody]

Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
        OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

“The smartest call you can make in business is knowing when it’s time to leave.”

True and also true if one expands the meaning of “business” to include all the different paths along which we choose to make our careers, leaving our tracks on them as evidence of our passing by, for as long as they may stay there.

Thank you for your advice and opinions, and all the best to you wherever you go.

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, x64 Group W (ex B) & macOS Mojave + Linux (Mint)

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Susan Bradley
        Manager

Thank you for making me sound better all these years!

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Mr. Natural
        AskWoody Plus

Tracey thanks for keeping things together for as long as you have. It really has been quite a run….

Red Ruffnsore

cybercrone
        AskWoody Plus

Gonna miss you for sure.  Thanks for all you’ve done to help us out over the years.

It sounds as if you have lots of fascinating projects to get on with for the next stage of things, so all the best.  And maybe you can drop in and do a guest column once a year and update us on your projects too?

"She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
        She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."
        --Mark Twain

Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

Thanks for delivering us an excellent newsletter over the years, and I look forward to seeing you round AskWoody off and on in your retirement!

Nathan Parker

Bill C.
        AskWoody Plus

Congratulations! on a job well done.

I edited an organization newsletter for 9 years and it was nowhere as complex as the AskWoody NL. I can be sure you earned it. After a long time, as an editor, it begins to seem as if all your writing seems the same, and the new will just not flow as it first did. That is the time to hand off the task.

Thanks for all you have done during this journey.

BTW, your new place sounds like a piece of heaven on earth. Have fun.

Pepsiboy
        AskWoody Lounger

Tracy,

Many thanks for the help and good advice over the years. Best wishes to you and may our net road be a smooth one.

Dae

LoneWolf
        AskWoody Plus

Thank you Tracey, for the hard work you have done. I think many long-experienced IT people might be a tad envious of the transition you are making; I wish you much joy and peace in it.

Doug (aka LoneWolf)

We are SysAdmins.
        We walk in the wiring closets no others will enter.
        We stand on the bridge, and no malware may pass.
        We engage in tech support, we do not retreat.
        We live for the LAN.
        We die for the LAN.

rexr
        AskWoody Plus

Thank you Tracey, your articles helped me keep straight on Windows and computing for years! Happy ‘retirement’ and i too hope that you will keep writing articles at AW  🙂

Win10 Pro 20H2 19042.746
        Backups with Macrium Reflect home edition
        MSG_Barishman
        AskWoody Plus

Wishing you, and your family, the very happiest of “retirement.”

I’ve been a subscriber for a long, long, long time.

I retired 22 years ago, and I always refer to it as “the best job I never had.”

Enjoy the “new job.”!

anonymous

Tracey, thanks for your years and countless hours of serving us all. Know you will have a great retirement and never, ever be run out of things to do for fun and fulfillment.

CADesertRat
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks for your years of service to us all. I started many years ago with Brian and now it looks like he is coming back? I hope you have a great and well deserved retirement. Come to think of it, why are so many retiring from AW LOL. Evidently we are slowly wearing everybody out 🙂

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does 🙂
        4 Win 10 Pro at 1909 (3 Desktops, 1 Laptop).

jackslate
        AskWoody Plus

Tracey – Thanks for all your hard work and expertise. That farm house will benefit from the additional discretionary time you will have!

Fred
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks Tracey for your good writings, making people aware. You will be missed. Good Bye.

~ ~ ~
        • This reply was modified 2 months ago by Fred.
        IreneLinda
        AskWoody Plus

Tracey, your name is one of the many synonymous for me with Woody’s Lounge and Windows Secrets over the years. Sad to see you go, but understand why you’re leaving. All the best to you in your retirement and with your forest. I’ll miss you!

Linda

anonymous

Unchained from the shackles of editorials, and just in time too.
        Enjoy the freedom, best of health and happiness to you Tracey

WSGeorge F
        AskWoody Plus

Enjoy the well-earned retirement. Sounds like a good life among the trees. Thanks for your work and stay healthy.

Awful late with this, but here’s hoping it reboots and keeps goin’.

Viewing 17 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Signing off from AskWoody

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.