News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Simple Contact Manager

Posted on WSLou Sander Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  WSLou Sander 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

WSLou Sander
      AskWoody Lounger

I want to (finally) replace my Rolodex with a very simple contact manager of some sort.

Access 2010 has a Personal Contact Manager template that does pretty much of what I want to do, but some of it is overkill. I don’t see a way to get into it to look directly at the forms, tables, etc., or to create a new form. (I have some minimal Access skills that I can probably use to get what I want.)

Who can help me get into this template, or advise me on another app or template that might suit my needs?

• #1592778 Reply

WSpatt
      AskWoody Lounger

Firstly download the database from Access2010 then go into it like normal, open the navigation pane on the left and see all the objects there.

• #1592781 Reply

WSLou Sander
      AskWoody Lounger

My navigation pane seems to have been customized somehow. It doesn’t show entries for Forms, Queries, etc. All it shows are items specific to this template.

I have a feeling I can fix this by going to the File menu and changing some options, but I don’t really know what to do there.

• #1592797 Reply

access-mdb
      AskWoody MVP

Lou, if I’ve done it the same as you, all you need to do is click on the down arrow at the right of ‘Contact Manager..’ and the other views can be seen. All Access objects is the view you are probably looking for.
      46866-conman1
      46867-conman2

Attachments:
    • #1592811 Reply

WSLou Sander
      AskWoody Lounger

Got it! Thanks.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Simple Contact Manager

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.