Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Some kind of office script running

Posted on Mr. Natural Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Office Questions: Office Some kind of office script running

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RetiredGeek 6 months ago.

• Author

Mr. Natural
      AskWoody Lounger

I’m seeing a script attempting to run on systems that are still running Office 2010 and Office 2013 open license version. These systems are also making use of an E1 license of Office 365. Just a hunch but I’m guessing due to that fact Microsoft is doing something. What I’m not sure. Here’s the command attempting to run. Hopefully the forum will allow the special characters.

[*COMMAND*] & { $isOfficeInstalled = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Office.Desktop -allusers; if ($isOfficeInstalled -eq $null) { Out-File -FilePath ‘Centennial.Detection.IsCentennialOfficeInstalled.scratch’ -InputObject ‘0’ -Encoding ascii; } else { Out…

• #185112 Reply

anonymous

? says:
      weird
      looks like part of it is powershell asking if Microsoft “Centennial” is installed?
      isn’t Centennial .Net and win32 based windows store apps?

• #185115 Reply

RetiredGeek
      AskWoody MVP

I tried this command in an Elevated PS session:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Office.Desktop -allusers

On both a machine with Office 365 and one With Office 2010 installed and both return Null.

HTH 😎

May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!
      Computer Specs

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Some kind of office script running

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.