News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Some settings are managed by your organization

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Some settings are managed by your organization

• Author
        AskWoody Plus

I am no longer able to do any deferring as this little gem has popped up in my Windows update area. I recently upgraded to version 20H2, I suspect this is the culprit, having said that how do I get back to being able to pausing updates etc. Any help much appreciated.

Attached images from the relevant area

Kirsty
        Manager

Are you running a Pro version of Win10?

Exfso
        AskWoody Plus

Yes, I managed to get a fix from Win10 forums, so I am all good.

Exfso
        AskWoody Plus

From what I can see it is no longer an option to be able to defer feature updates on Windows 10 pro in version 20H2, I certainly cannot see it where I could on the earlier version I had, 1909 from memory

PKCano
          Manager

The same deferral settings are available through Group Policy in Win10 Pro 20H2. See AKB2000016 linked above.

They have just been removed from the GUI but are still available in a different place.

Exfso
            AskWoody Plus

Yes I can see that now, it is possible to defer but have to use GPedit. I was able to defer for 180days but you have to use the windows update for business.  Trust MS to make it harder for us plebs…

PKCano
              Manager

Their explanation was that the settings in the GUI were confusing people.
              Go figure!
              MS is about hiding or removing control.

You should read the whole section(s) on control settings. There are several settings that make things easier – like TargetReleaseVersion instead of Deferral.

Exfso
                AskWoody Plus

Their explanation was that the settings in the GUI were confusing people.
                Go figure!
                MS is about hiding or removing control.

You should read the whole section(s) on control settings. There are several settings that make things easier – like TargetReleaseVersion instead of Deferral.

That is 100% correct

PKCano
                Manager

See additional info about TRV above

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Some settings are managed by your organization

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.