• Something Happened and your pin is not available

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Questions: Win10 » Something Happened and your pin is not available

Author
    Topic

I have been using my pin successfully for  years.  This time when I entered my pin the login screen appeared showing the password entry screen plus two links, “I forgot my password” and “sign-in options”.  As I have been using a pin I do not know the password which I assume is connected to my account which has undergone a number of reference changes over the years.

When I click on sign-in options two options appear:  pin and Microsoft account password.  When I click on pin nothing happens.  Am I doomed to do a complete reinstall or is there a way to get my computer to recognize my pin?

DavidJ

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Author
    Replies

There are various options, but are you clear whether the sign-in you normally use is a Local Account (short name) or a Microsoft Account (email address)?

How to Fix “Something Happened And Your Pin Isn’t Available”

Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 build 22621.382 (group ASAP) + Microsoft 365

1 user thanked author for this post.

When I click on Set up my PIN or PIN in the Sign-in options the computer does not respond.  When I bring up troubleshooting and attempt to boot into safe mode, I am returned to the Something happened and your Pin is not available screen.

I assume that the PIN stored on my local machine is the culprit but I do not know how to fix it as I cannot get logged on to access my computer.

DavidJ

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Reply To: Something Happened and your pin is not available

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: