Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Speaker/headset reverb after 1803 update

Posted on Lee Revier Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1803 – April 2018 Update Speaker/headset reverb after 1803 update

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  b 5 days, 4 hours ago.

• Author

Lee Revier
      AskWoody Lounger

I updated my HP OMEN X desktop system on 7 June to the latest Windows 10 upgrade.  After it completed, everything that plays thru the speakers or headset now has a reverb/echo effect in it.  I am running realtek and NVIDA which I ensured were updated with the latest drivers.  I still cant figure out what is causing it.

How do I roll back the 1803 update?

• #197543 Reply

Microfix
      AskWoody MVP

If you wish to remain on v1803 to further troubleshoot your sound issue, you may wish to extend the roll-back time limit from 10 days to 60 days first to give you more time:

https://pureinfotech.com/extend-period-uninstall-windows-10-upgrade/

To roll back to previous version of W10 (officially from Microsoft)
      See Go back to your previous version of windows>

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

| 2x Group A W8.1 | Group A+ Linux Hybrid | Group A W7 | Group W XP Pro |
        No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT - AE
    • #197683 Reply

b
      AskWoody Lounger

Is there a microphone connected? What happens if you disable it?

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Speaker/headset reverb after 1803 update

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.