News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• SRU and SRUDB

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 SRU and SRUDB

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Richard Merchant
        AskWoody Plus

I’ve a few irritating problems with programs stopping working suddenly.  Old programs so perhaps that isn’t relevant.

Scanning log files, there is one called SRU.log which is ubdated after the failure.  It is located in c:\windows\system32\sru\  and that directory includes 10 files occupying 64 mb of space, almost all of which is srudb.dat

Oddly my quick search is quite unrevealing on what “SRU” actually is.  I would guess it is not anything to do with sulphur recovery unit….

Doesn’t seem likely but could it have anythign to do with old programs freezing  (“Eudora is unresponsive…”)?

Any idea what this is?

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Win10forums has a query about the SRUjet throwing up errors which seems to provide a resolution.

W10, the itch you simply cannot scratch!
        b
        AskWoody MVP

I think it’s a symptom rather than a cause, as SRUDB is a database related to Diagnostics Policy Service: What is SRUJet?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: SRU and SRUDB

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.