• Starting today: Meta Prepares More Layoffs Across Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram

Home » Forums » Social media – Tools, Configuring privacy options » Starting today: Meta Prepares More Layoffs Across Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram

Author
    Topic

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-04-19/facebook-instagram-whatsapp-job-cuts-coming-in-meta-restructuring

Company is restructuring teams as it seeks to control costs
    This week’s layoffs will be followed by additional cuts in May

Meta Platforms Inc. is set to commence companywide layoffs on Wednesday as it restructures teams and works toward founder Mark Zuckerberg’s goal of greater efficiency.

The Facebook parent company notified managers to prepare to announce job cuts on Wednesday, via a memo seen by Bloomberg News. It indicates Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and Reality Labs — which houses the firm’s virtual reality efforts and Quest hardware — will all be impacted. The move is part of a cost-cutting push that will eventually whittle away 10,000 positions at the company, as announced by Zuckerberg in March. A further round of cuts is set to follow in May…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Sky
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

For context, Meta made a $23.2 billion profit last year.

Firing 10,000 people earning an average of $100,000 would increase this by $1 billion.

I doubt if Mark will get fired.  After all, his salary is only $1 per year.

Where am I? What am I doing in this hand basket?

Sky
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: Starting today: Meta Prepares More Layoffs Across Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: