News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Starting up my Chromebook

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Rush2112
        AskWoody Plus

I have been experiencing issues of starting up my Chromebook. I have read that it could be possibly either my USB 3.1 flash drive or my Micro SD card. I am thinking it might might be the USB flash drive since I never formatted it when I received it. I used it “as it.” I will try the steps outlined from the help website. If it is the USB 3.1 flash drive… What are my options? If it is a hardware issue… What are my options? I have been considering on getting a new Chromebook. Oh and by the way, ever since I got both the USB 3.1 flash drive and Micro SD card, I have left them in the ports.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Remove the external components and restart. Does is start normally?
        Plug in components one at a time and restart. Is it OK?

cheers, Paul

Rush2112
        AskWoody Plus

I had done some research online about my issue. It had recommended doing the same. I removed the external components as you suggested. It started fine, however I had just charged up the battery. So I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. It has been starting fine as of yet. I do need to charge the battery today. When I open it up to start it up, hopefully everything will be normal. Otherwise I might need to reset the Chromebook.

Rush2112
        AskWoody Plus

I don’t believe that resetting my Chromebook will resolve my issue. I had experimented with opening up my Chromebook to just beyond halfway and nothing. I hit the power button and nothing again. I had to tilt it back a little further and hit the power button for it to come on. I bout this Chromebook about a year ago and it was a refurbished unit. I think it’s worn out or wearing out. Well that’s what I believe anyway.

Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Opening it all the way would be my expectation – you can’t use it if it’s partially open.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Starting up my Chromebook

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.