• Stealthing port 445 on a Fios G1100 Gateway

Home » Forums » Networking – routers, firewalls, network configuration » Stealthing port 445 on a Fios G1100 Gateway

Author
    Topic

I have a Verizon Fios G1100 Gateway.

When I run GRC ShieldsUp (http://www.grc.com) all of my ports are completely stealthed except port 445 which shows as CLOSED. Is there a way to completely stealth this port on the G1100?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

There probably isn’t much you can do except to make sure you have changed the router password and turned remote admin off.
      If Verizon have left a hole at port 445 you know who is at fault.

cheers, Paul

likely how they do firmware update, which I will never get since my g3100 is behind my fire wall, may have to work on that….

๐Ÿป

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

I also have a (Verizon) Fios G3100 since last week, when a Verizon technician came and replaced an older router. This new one came with the fire wall set pretty tight by default. I imagine that it still allows for some upgrades. I’ll look into that.

Thanks for passing the word about this.

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur 11.6 & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
        Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
        macOS Monterey; browsers: Waterfox "Current", Vivaldi and (now and then) Chrome; security apps. Intego AV and Malwarebytes for Macs.

I have changed the default password. I have auto update turned off, but would like the port to drop incoming requests. It is closed but of course it is still visible in a port scan

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: Stealthing port 445 on a Fios G1100 Gateway

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: