News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Step by step setting up Macrium

Home Forums AskWoody support Backup Backup software – Macrium Reflect Step by step setting up Macrium

Tagged: 

• Author
        Manager

Step one, download the software from the Macrium site

Click next to install the software

You can install the trial or if you’ve purchased it, put in the product key that you’ve received from the email

Click to install

Restart your system

Once you’ve rebooted, click to launch the application

Next click on “other tasks”  and click on create rescue media

From here you can make build rescue media and add a boot process to your Windows 10 booting

Choose to build/add to the boot menu

It creates the boot menu

Choose to set up your backup, select the drives, and store on an external drive

Click finish and the backup will being

When you boot, you’ll see that you are offered Windows 10 or the Macrium recovery option

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

ScotchJohn
        AskWoody Plus

It’s easy to forget the creation of the USB recovery media, Oh, I’ll do it sometime.

You do not have access to your backup without the USB recovery media.  Create the recovery media, do it, DO IT NOW!  And then test it, make sure that it works, that you can boot your system from it.

I have just recovered the Macrium Reflect image for my wife’s hard drive which failed catastrophically with a bad block, would not have been possible without the recovery media.

Dell E5570 Latitude, Intel Core i5 6440@2.60 GHz, 8.00 GB - Win 10 Pro

Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

You do not have access to your backup without the USB recovery media

You do have access to your backups and any folder/file without the USB recovery. You can recover any folder or file or the whole PC.

You need the USB recovery only in case your PC doesn’t boot/crashed.

(I am using Acronis).

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Step by step setting up Macrium

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.